Sunday, May 21, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away…

Today was my long run (10km).

The plan was to complete 2 laps of my 5km course at home. I had also planned to complete it in the morning to leave the rest of the afternoon to rest. Due to my procrastination, I left it later in the afternoon.

What should have been a beaut Sunday morning run in the sun shine, turned out to be a battle with the elements – rain, wind and mud.

My course is a mixture of footpaths and walking tracks. The only problem is that the walking tracks are only new and quickly turn to mush at the first sign of rain.

My first lap was in the mush, but after nearly falling ‘A over T’ a couple of times, I decided to take a detour for the second lap. It was slightly longer, but reduced the possibility of an injury.

I ended up completing the 10km in 54:05 - not a fast time, but my long runs never are.

My running log tells me that I completed 23km this week. I had planned for 27km, but had a lazy moment in the middle of the week.

I still haven’t received my watch from Runners World magazine. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, which is my Birthday…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home