Tuesday, May 16, 2006

5km PB

Today I ran my course at home. It is exactly 5km and a little undulating. When I say a little undulating, it has a hill which isn't quite as steep at Anderson St Hill on the Tan, but probably 2-3 times longer. Although half of the course is made up of footpaths, the other half is a walking track, which makes for enjoyable conditions (not as much traffic to contend with).

I left home with a view to push it a little - Medium pace. As it turned out, I pushed it a lot (well for me anyway). There were a couple of occasions through the run when I thought I would throw up. I wanted to stop around these times, but I knew I was setting a good time, so kept going. When I completed the course, I finished the 5km @ 22.05 (4:25 pace). A personal best for 5km!!!

Tomorrow George and I have decided to go for our run at lunch time (as usual), but plan to have a sticky at Federation Square for the 'Run to the G' Official Launch on our way back from the Tan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home