Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Still going after a week!

George returned to work today, but is still feeling the effects of the 'dreaded lurgy'. He wasn't up for running today. Secretly I was hoping he wouldn't run, so that I could run from work, then around the Tan and back (8 km), instead of walking to the Tan, one lap, then walk back (4 km).

The expected top temp today was 15c, which made the start a little chilly. Within 1-2 minutes, I was thankful for the cool weather. My calves are still tight when I run. I try to do some light stretching before and after I run, but this doesn’t seem to help at the moment. I'm just putting it down to being out of shape. I'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks.

I didn't run yesterday. I had planned a 'long run' - well a long run for me, but the cold wet weather coupled with a dose of 'can't be bothered' meant that I stayed inside.

Anyway, I did a grand total of 20km this week. Not a bad effort to begin with...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home