Saturday, May 13, 2006

What's up with my stomach?

I'm not sure if it is my diet, starting back into running, or a bug, but my stomach has been pretty weird over the past week. I don't feel like eating much, but apart from that I feel OK - no cold or flu symptoms.

Anyway, George and I went for another run today. We had planned an easy run as we both felt a little sore after last Wednesday (running the last 1/2 km @ a medium/fast pace). We decided to run at an easy pace, and see how we felt at the last 500 metres of the Tan. As we went up Anderson St Hill, George put on a bit of a spurt. I managed to stay with him until 3/4 of the way up the hill, and then he slowed down. It must have taken it out of him, because we eased off the pace when we got to the top. By the 3.5km mark, we had regained our composure and increased the pace to medium. We finished at a comfortable stride. Our time was 19:57 (still managed under 20 min!!!), which we were quite happy with.

I have just received an e-mail from Ausrun. Next Wednesday at Federation Square, the 'Run to the G' Official Launch will commence. They will have some special guests that will be providing tips on how to get fit and stay healthy. I will try to convince George to go to the launch instead of our Wednesday run, and reschedule our run for either Tuesday or Wednesday. It should be great motivation for us both.

I am planning to go into work again this weekend. I have a Uni assignment which I have to compete by next Friday. Even though it is an hour train trip, I find it is easier to concentrate at work, as there are fewer distractions. My long run is due on Sunday. It is meant to be 8km, but I have a circuit at home which is exactly 5km. I think I might run it twice, depending on how my stomach holds up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home