Friday, May 26, 2006

No long run this weekend

It was another great day for a run today. Although a little chilly at first, it was comfortable after the first few minutes.

I ran 8km today @ 39:55 minutes (18:24 minutes for the Tan).

I was actually thinking of increasing my long run this weekend from 10km to 12 or even 15. However after today’s run, I’m going to do the complete opposite and have 2 days off.

I’m not injured, but I did feel a couple of niggles on my run.

So far this week, I have run 40km (13km more than I had planned). I want to start some form of speed training next week and would like to be fresh. I also think that I should stick to my original plan, which has scheduled at least 2 Rest Days per week.

So that’s it for the next couple of days.

On a personal note, I’m planning on catching up with a couple of friends, as I have neglected them over the past weeks while I have been studying. By the way, I got my latest assignment back, and passed – 78% actually. Well done to me!

3 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yes it was a little chilly this morning - out my way it was still really foggy at 10am!

Good that you are listening to your body and taking a couple of rest days (something I ought to do more of that's for sure).

I'm with Em, I reckon you could easily push your long runs out to 12km instead of 10km (esp if you are doing nearly that as your standard weekday run).

Hope you have a great weekend!

B

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Thanks Beki,

I'll take your advice (and Em's). Next weeks long run has been booked in for 12km.

By the way, I hope the knee gets better soon. Maybe some of Em's famous Ginger Cake could help - couldn't hurt :-)

Cheers,

Shane.

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

OMG - the last thing I need after all the peanut M&M's I put away today is cake as well! lol I'm icing the knee ATM as has gotten a bit sore again today. Naughty Beki may have decreased mileage this week, but ran three days in a row :(

BTW I had to laugh at your comment on my blog re: the big fan club PMSL - I wish hahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home