Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A great day for a run

What a beautiful day for a run. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and a ‘thirty-something’ bloke (OK, thirty-seven) was puffing and panting up the Yarra on his lunch time run…

George was still way today, so I decided to go for an easy run from work to the Tan and back (9km). I felt a little sore from my ‘record breaking’ trip around the Tan yesterday. But all up I felt fine – non of the knee soreness that I had on Sunday.

I took my new 'Runners World' stop watch for a spin also. I wish I could publish a picture of it, but my operating system is too old. I think it’s time up upgrade my PC… Anyway, back to the watch. I was pretty excited to take my watch on its maiden run. I expected to post times to the second – even tenths of a second, but this didn’t happen. Instead I pressed the wrong buttons. So I’m guessing that I did my 9km in 45min (give or take a couple of minutes)…

I have organised a team of 7 work mates to enter into the Global Corporate Challenge. The idea is to get people fit and active, by counting the number of steps you take each day. It is recommended that you take at least 10,000 steps each day to maintain a reasonable level of fitness.

I took my pedometer on my run today, and it recorded 8,537 steps. I’m guessing that if I keep running, the daily target should be a breeze to reach.

By the way, in the next couple of weeks Steve Monagetti will be providing a motivational talk at work. More to follow…

2 Comments:

At 9:37 pm, Blogger Em said...

Wow, Mona's coming to your work, you lucky thing - you will have to let us all know on the forum how that goes

 
At 9:52 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Em,

I can't wait! I have never met him before. I just saw a flash of him once at 'The Run to the G' before he took off into the distance - to win yet another race...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home