Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Another PB for the Tan


I went into work today and opened my e-mails. The first one was from George and read “1 lap of the Tan – 17:56”. Another PB for the Tan by George, but unfortunately for me, he did it alone.

I’m starting to put an extra day in my training and went for a run today. A gentle run to the Tan, before I decided to push it a little myself…

I did a little light stretching before starting my lap at the Start/Finish area. As it turned out, there was a fit looking runner who had just started at the same time. I tried to stay with him, and even overtook him up Anderson Street Hill. He caught me by the top and I tried to stay with him after that. He finished his run just before the Observatory, at which time I was on my own. I maintained a steady medium pace after that to stop the clock at 16:01 – beating Georges PB by almost 2 minutes. Needless to say, he was a little despondent when I told him. Oh well, should make for more interesting competition over the coming weeks.

I received a belated Birthday present when I returned home tonight. My Runners World gifts had arrived. A pair of socks, a running diary, and MY NEW STOP WATCH… I have been playing with it for the last half an hour. I hope I haven’t worn it out.

Tomorrow is meant to be another 4km run with George, but he has a function to attend. I think I will take an easy 9km run up to the Tan and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home