Thursday, May 25, 2006

How long for my 'long run'?

Today was meant to be a rest day. However, as I looked out my window at 11:30am to see a brilliant sunny day, I thought why not make the most of it.

I went for my usual 8-9km run to the Tan and back. I'm conscious of not over doing it, so I just did an easy pace.

I'm starting to notice the same familiar faces on my runs. Often I find myself given them a slight smile as I go past. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because we are sharing something in common, or just because I'm enjoying my running so much. Anyway, I hope they don't think I'm some kind of weirdo...

I did my run in 41:32, and the Tan in 18:22 (told you it was an easy run).

I did do something different today however. I ran the Tan anti-clock ways. Instead of running up Anderson Street, I ran down. Call me silly, but I much prefer running up - not so much pressure on the quads.

My weekly plan was meant to be 27km. Due to a couple of extra runs, my actual total to date is 32km, and I still haven't completed tomorrows run with George or my Long Run on the weekend. Speaking of my long run, my scheduled distance was meant to be 10km. As I am running 9km regularly through the week, I'm debating whether to run something further (12, 13, 14 or 15???).

As I mentioned before, I don't want to over do it, but I'm feeling quite good in my running, and pulling up quite well. I might see how I feel on the day...

2 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Blogger Em said...

Yeah, I see alot of familiar faces round the tan as well.

Come on, push out that long run to 12Km this weekend, you can do it.

Once I got up to 12Km I just used to add an extra 1Km every week until I had worked up to 24Km. On the advice of a couple of runners I have alot of respect for I have capped the long run at 24Km for the time being.

Good luck, hope to read you made the 12 Km.

 
At 9:31 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Hi Em,

Thank you for the encouragement, it really means a lot.

Unfortunately, I have decided to listen to my legs and take a couple of days off. I'm only starting out, and don't want to over do it at this early stage.

I'm hoping to be nice and fresh for my first ‘official speed session’ next week.

Thanks again,

Shane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home