Thursday, June 01, 2006

The world is not flat!!!

My running log said that I had to do 6 x 300 metre hill climbs today - who am I to argue with my running log?

As I slept in today, I decided to forgo my lunch time run and instead run after AJ had gone to bed.

I put on my Skins (well, my poor man's version) and all the reflective clothing that I could find, and ventured out into the cold night.

An easy 10 minute warm up to my nominated hill. One good thing about living in Berwick is that there are no shortages of hills.

I have never run hills before - well not 6 times in succession anyway. I didn't know whether to run at a easy, medium, or fast pace. While I stood at the bottom of the hill pondering; the knocking of my knees decided that tonight would be fast!

My first hill felt quite good. I almost flew up the hill. I thought to myself "this hill training is pretty easy".

The second time wasn't too bad, except I slowed to a medium pace about 20 metres from the top.

On my third attempt, there was an unusual burning in my lungs about 2/3 of the way up.

The forth and fifth time, my head was spinning; my legs felt like lead, and I wanted to go home.

The last attempt, I managed to get to the top without throwing up. The 10 minute jog home was a welcome relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home