Sunday, June 25, 2006

Long Run – 16km

I went for my long run today – although I don’t know if it counts…

My plan was for a 15km run (3 laps of my circuit at home). I had finished my first lap when my mate and his wife drove past. I stopped my run and went inside for a chat and a cuppa. Then when they left, I finished another 11km (total time for 16km - 1hr 15min). Does a long run count if it is broken up into 2???

I felt OK on my run except in the last km. I could feel a little discomfort in my shoe, similar to a small stone rubbing on my inner arch. It turns out that I got a blister on my arch. It’s a little concerning, as I have never had a blister there before. I’ve had blisters on;

- the tips of my toes
- underneath my toes
- on the ball of my foot
- and lost a couple of toe nails…

I’m not sure why I got the blister? Was it;

- My old shoes (I think they both have over 600-700 km’s on the clock)
- My socks (I just wore some non running type socks)
- Did I have my shoes on too tight?

Either way, I have another rest day tomorrow, so the blister should be fine by Tuesday – tough wood!

3 Comments:

At 8:25 am, Blogger Em said...

Maybe the sox, where they different from the sox you usually wear?

Congrats on the 16km, even if it was broken in 2. Maybe next time head back for the cuppa after the run.

Our group runs generally have a quick drink break in the middle, though usually water, not coffee :-)

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Em beat me to it! We usually stop for a couple of minutes to do some stretching, drink some water and down gels, etc but I don't think we have ever stretched it out to a cuppa and a sit down! That did make me laugh :-)

Well done on getting 16k done though

 
At 9:34 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Thanks for the advice guys, I did try my propoer running socks today & they worked a treat!

I'll have to see how they go on Sunday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home