Sunday, June 04, 2006

Long Run - 13km

A well deserved break on Saturday. I'm still a bit sore from my hill run on Thursday.

My plan was for a 13km run today, and that's exactly what I did (13km @ 1hr, 9min). It was a nice day for a run; a little chilly early on, but I soon warmed up after 10 min.

I don't know if it's physical or psychological, but every 5min, I seemed to be hurting somewhere. First it was my ankle, then after 5min it was my knee, then another 5 min later it was my bum. And so the cycle continued...

At the end of my run, I was tired, but nothing was sore; I guess I ran out of body parts...

3 Comments:

At 5:51 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Glad to hear that you managed to increase the distance for your ,ong run - great stuff! And yes, it was cold to begin with but turned out a glorious day :)

I just love getting up early for the Sunday long runs, something special about being out there while everyone else is still tucked up in bad and knowing that nearly all the other runners are out there too :)

 
At 5:51 pm, Blogger Em said...

Well done on pushing out to 13Kms. I was going to suggest a book for you too, Marathon Running for Mortals by John Bingham (The Penguin, he writes the article at the back of RW every month).

As for the niggles, don't freak out but 20 minutes in an ice bath does wonders for the aches and pains and really gives you fresh legs.

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Shaaaaaaaane!

You still out there mate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home