Thursday, March 27, 2008

Run 4 The Kids; oh and 'Mona'

As mentioned yesterday, I have been back into the running for the past couple of months.

I was encouraged to enter 'Run 4 the Kids' by George at work. He wanted to get fit, and I needed to lose some kilo's. George has entered the 5km, and I have entered the 14km run.

We have been running around the Tan at lunch time.

We started by walking to the Tan then running around it, and walking back. I have now progressed to running to the Tan; around it; then back (apx 8km).

I recently returned from a family holiday from the Gold Coast. My Brother in Law is also entering 'Run 4 the Kids' and we ran together along the beach every 2nd day, which kept up the motivation.

Speaking of motivation, I returned to work yesterday and read an e-mail from Run 4 the Kids. It mentioned free training runs on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. As I missed my lunch time run, I decided to go to Federation Square and run with the other silly people in the cold and rain.

When I got there however, my thoughts of the cold and rain disappeared when I was told that Steve Moneghetti 'Mona' would be running in our group.

Long story short; it was a very enjoyable 10km run at an easy 5.5-6.0 km per minute pace.

The best part of it all was that Mona let us all finish ahead of him. So my claim to fame will now be that I beat Mona over 10 kays!!! Bring on Sunday...

2 Comments:

At 7:02 pm, Blogger Em said...

Hi, good to see you blogging again.

I was one of your run leaders last night, I think we even had a chat about the Gold Coast. It was very cool to have Mona come out with us!

Have a good run on Sunday.

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger Shane said...

Hi Em,

Thanks for a great run on Wednesday, I had a ball!

I told everyone that would listen about Mona, and even those that didn't...

I did recognise you from your blog, but felt a little funny coming up to say hi - next time ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home